Friday, July 9, 2010
Mike Lee Volunteers Thanked
It is a privilege and an honor to help and support a candidate who is striving to create positive change in Washington and achieve lofty goals in government. The rock-solid foundation and support structure we have all labored to build together has made an enormous difference. On a national and local level people are still asking what we did to win the nomination. We know that winning was simply a natural by-product of countless good people sacrificing their time and deploying their talents to achieve something important. Personally, I hope each of you can recognize the vital role you played in the primary victory. I also hope you can pause for a moment, (a very brief moment) and enjoy the satisfaction which comes from achieving something significant.
As Mike said on election night, “This is not the end, or even the beginning of the end. It is simply the end of the beginning.” There is much work to be done and I am sure we are all looking forward to finishing the job and getting Mike elected as Utah's next Senator on November 2nd.
Below I have outlined a few answers to some common questions, which have been asked by our amazing volunteers, as well as some activities and action steps we all can engage in to keep our momentum moving.
Now that the primary election is over what do we do?
Answer: The job is far from finished! We hope to have you each as involved as you would like to be moving forward. We know that when you are excited about a candidate like Mike you want to do all you can. Just remember to pace yourself, beware of burnout and recognize that it is good to take some well-deserved time off. For those of you who are chomping at the bit to reengage, here is a list of things you can begin to do now:
1. Help your neighbors get registered to vote or organize voter registration drives. To do this you will need to know who is a registered Republican and who is not. Your elected precinct chair should know. If you can't get it from your precinct chair, we can help you out. Voters can register online. If you fill out the forms with them on paper you will have better results. Just remember to quickly turn in all registration forms in order to be in compliance with the law.
2. You can register to vote by mail here. Also, make sure your neighbors are aware of this option and help them get registered. We will be outlining some specific initiatives along these lines in the coming weeks.
3. Write a pro-Mike Lee letter to your local newspapers with opinions and articles. If you don't know what to write, take a look at our website for ideas.
4. If you have Mike Lee shirts or buttons, wear them around. You'll be surprised at how many questions that will generate!
5. You can contribute any amount from $5 - $2,400 dollars!
6. Find out who the campaign leaders are for your area. Examples are county coordinators, city coordinators, leg. captains, precinct leaders, sign coordinators. If you do not know, ask. If you see a vacancy, ask to fill it.
7. If you know of people who own property along busy roads ask them if you can put a sign up. Then, turn that information in to either a sign coordinator, city, or county coordinator.
8. We are going to do some calling on Callfire and would like some help. You can contact Heather at email@example.com.
I would like to help other Republican campaigns, but can I still help Mike's campaign in the fall?
Answer: Of course you can do whatever you like, and it is fun to see so many citizens fighting for all of Utah's great conservative candidates. Because you have been part of a campaign which achieved what many thought was impossible, other campaigns will naturally want your help. This cross-campaigning can be done, just be careful not to spread yourself too thin and remember the race doesn’t end until the votes are counted on November 2nd.
What kind of events will take place this summer where Mike will be in attendance?
Answer: Most of Mike's time will be spent fundraising, meeting with media, and switching gears for the November election. Mike will still be attending parades and participating in numerous public events. Please check in often on the website and you can also follow what Mike is doing via Facebook and Twitter.
Are we going to get more t-shirts, buttons, and bumper stickers?
Answer: We will be getting plenty of "swag" in the coming weeks!
Thank you for engaging in what has become an amazing story. Mike jumped into the race on January 5th with a handful of supporters and a commitment to both restore the constitutional debate and reclaim our future. Our numbers grew and Mike’s message rang true, as thousands of Utahns listened in homes, schools and at events of all kinds. And while much has been achieved in helping Mike win the Republican nomination, there is much work to be done and the best is yet to come. Our hope is that you know how grateful we are to have you on our side in this important race. If you have any questions, concerns, or see opportunities please send me an email.
Mike Lee for Senate